Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Beginning of the end...

An ominous sounding title, I know, but given how quickly the first three terms have flown by, appropriate nonetheless!

My Easter holidays improved markedly in the last weekend; I had a good surf down at Middleton on Friday and again on Monday. The one on Monday was followed by the greatest pie of all time: a cheese, chilli and mince one. And a superb custard tart. In between I had a superb brunch on Sunday morning up in the hills at the Stirling Hotel and came home via Mount Lofty with some superb views over the city.

I've emailed my application to vote by proxy home so hopefully I can bypass all this volcanic nonsense and get it in on time. I've been keeping track on things from afar (remarkably little coverage over here) and it looks really interesting, shame I couldn't be home for it really!

We had the first school rugby session of the term today. Lots of work to be done, but I am really excited to be helping out with the First XV and doing some more coaching; this is definitely something I'll be pursuing when I get home. Unfortunately I won't be able to go on the tour to Melbourne on the final weekend of the term; the teacher's get first priority!

We have community day this Saturday. I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but basically it's all the house sports and a big barbecue and school get together. I have a fairly busy weekend ahead; I'm refereeing some football in the morning, then got a rugby game, back to the boarding house then I'm on duty on Sunday which will involve getting up at the crack of sparrows for the dawn service for ANZAC Day, which I am actually really looking forward to. Speaking of which, Steven Spielberg and Tom Hank's latest collaboration, "The Pacific", is showing in Australia at the moment. It is in a similar vein to "Band of Brothers" and is really superb.

That's all for now, there's not too much to report since my last blog. I hope these more frequent updates are assuaging for the lack of contact earlier this month!

Till next time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment