Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My First Post

Hello all,

Firstly apologies for the delay in getting this thing set up, I'm now pretty much settled in here and actually in the middle of my first duty...

I had a fairly pleasant trip over here, despite a two hour delay whilst the pilot's chair got fixed in Heathrow.... strange I know. Though actually pretty good - no idea what I'd have done with five hours in Chengi Airport. Even with three: there's only so much sushi one can eat and beer one can consume whilst flying! Although it was in a most pleasant out door bar on top of the airport, even if it was a little muggy.

I was greeted at the airport in Oz by some ridiculously thorough customs officers, and a friendly sniffer dog. Having got through that, Matho, my flatmate, met me with a ridiculous sign (pictures to follow). And then it was... Macca's. Then to my new home. After watching One Hour Photo (a good but disturbing thriller with Robin Williams), I unpacked whilst Matho and Ross went back to bed. The afternoon passed in between snoozes and footy (Aussie Rules, which incidentally is pretty good, though not quite as good as the Aussies think). In the evening I experienced my first Schnitzle and beer though it was somewhat forced down as I had no clue what time it was! Then it was back to the flat to finsih watching the Hawthorn v. Collingwood game. Which was followed by a solid 12 hour sleep.

Can't really remember Sunday... more footy and food I think. As well as seeing Adelaide a bit. Monday is when work and stuff started, I got to know Paul Ryan, the Deputy Head and some of the staff I'm working with, mostly the PE lot. Had my first Rugby session yesterday and our first match is tomorrow. I'm also playing for the local side Old Collegians RFC with my first training session tommorrow night.

I hope anyone reading this has found it interesting. Much of what I put here will be for the benefit of friends and family. Feel free to email (pjskinner@gmail.com), or just comment on here. I hope you enjoy this page. I'll try and keep it updated fairly regularly and will let you know when I put some photo's up. In the meantime, check out Facebook.

Cheers, Pj

No comments:

Post a Comment